Are you in the mood for some really great Sangria?
This is one of those, “the longer it sits, the better it gets” type things..
What you will need:
- 5 Liters dry red wine (I use wine in a box)
- ¼ Cup Brandy
- ¼ Cup Grand Marnier
- ½ Cup Triple Sec
- ¼ Cup Unrefined Sugar
- 1 Gallon Fruit Juice (We like WholeFoods Peach Cranberry Cocktail, but any 100% Juice with no sugar or preservatives added will work).
- 3 Apples
- 2 Pears
- 4 Peaches
- 2 ½ Gallon Container to mix
Making the Sangria:
- Cut all of the fruit into small pieces. I prefer to cut into sections of 8 the long ways so they make wedges, and then cut the wedges into smaller pieces so they look like pie shapes.
- Mix the sugar, Brandy, Grand Manier, and Triple Sec with the Fruit and let sit for 30 minutes in the fridge
- Take a spoon and gentle crush the fruit – just enough to get squeeze some of the juices out of the fruit but not enough to destroy the fruit.
- Mix in the wine and fruit juice and let sit overnight.
- Serve in short tumblers and make sure to include some fruit in each glass
Makes about 2.5 Gallons, Serves about 50 glasses