Are you in the mood for some really great Sangria?
This is one of those, “the longer it sits, the better it gets” type things..
What you will need:
- 5 Liters dry red wine (I use wine in a box)
- ¼ Cup Brandy
- ¼ Cup Grand Marnier
- ½ Cup Triple Sec
- ¼ Cup Unrefined Sugar
- 1 Gallon Fruit Juice (We like WholeFoods Peach Cranberry Cocktail, but any 100% Juice with no sugar or preservatives added will work).
- 3 Apples
- 2 Pears
- 4 Peaches
- 2 ½ Gallon Container to mix
Making the Sangria:
- Cut all of the fruit into small pieces. I prefer to cut into sections of 8 the long ways so they make wedges, and then cut the wedges into smaller pieces so they look like pie shapes.
- Mix the sugar, Brandy, Grand Manier, and Triple Sec with the Fruit and let sit for 30 minutes in the fridge
- Take a spoon and gentle crush the fruit – just enough to get squeeze some of the juices out of the fruit but not enough to destroy the fruit.
- Mix in the wine and fruit juice and let sit overnight.
- Serve in short tumblers and make sure to include some fruit in each glass
Makes about 2.5 Gallons, Serves about 50 glasses
Please drink responsibly, never drink and drive,
and only drink if you are the legal drinking age.